- Written by: Brian Lamont
Each year fans gather on social media their favorite/worst moments from the BET Awards whether it’s from the red carpet, artist appearances, or just craziness that occurs.
Here’s our list of the Top 10 Moments:
- Red Carpet Looks: Wardrobe Stylists must have been on break because a host of celebrities did not come to slay this year. We will not say any names.
- Blue carpet + Nipsey Hussle tribute: Many wondered why the red carpet was blue but it was in significance to honoring the life of Nipsey Hussle. There was not one dry eye in the room as his family came to accept his award as humanitarian of the year. His grand mother spoke very highly of him and her appreciation of the dedicated fans. While his mother took us on a journey that she will always remember.
- BET Awards Lifetime Achievement Award Winner Mary J. Blige performs live with Lil Kim and Method Man: Mary J said no one was going to imitate her in her legendary fits so she took it to the stage for herself and performed fans favorite hits.
- Marsai Martin viral reaction to her winning Young Stars Award
View this post on Instagram
#MarsaiMartin is a whole MOOD 😂🙌🏾 #modaymotivation // @marsaimartin • 🖥 VISIT SOTMQ.COM >>> LINK IN BIO #SOTMQ • 👍🏾 LIKE us on Facebook: @ SOTMQofficial • FOLLOW, SHARE, TAG a friend • • #betawards #gif #meme #blackgirlmagic #melanin #blackexcellence #bet #awards #redcarpet #fashion #style #hollywood #tv #entertainment #blackish #motivation #mood #monday
- Rihanna presents Lifetime Achievement: Fans have been waiting on new music from the artist but we settled with her many successes with her clothing and beauty lines. Fans did not expect her to appear at the show better yet present an award.
- Cardi Wins best Female Rap & performs Cardi B “Clout” and “Press” performance
- Lizzo’s awesome performance
- Tyler Perry’s acceptance speech for Icon Award: Tyler Perry shared some powerful wisdom to viewers and shed light on the history of the creation of Tyler Perry Studios and his hiring process for young black actresses and actors.
View this post on Instagram
HAPPY NEW WEEK!! 💫💫💫💫💫💫💫 God will always make a way for you, you only need to keep trusting in Him and His timing because right here is living proof. I pray that we all step into this week motivated and filled with the Holy Spirit, ready for His guidance and instruction. Because remember that your purpose is tied to another persons life. So step into it! ______________________________________________________________ #selahdiaries #Selahdiaries #evolve #purpose #faith #encouragement #prayerispowerful #BeInspired #christianblog #inspiration #June❤ #loveis #lovewins #instalove #womanevolve #entrepreneur #CelebratingLove #empowersomeone #shareyourstory #waitonGod #beblessed #bet2019 #TylerPerry #trustyourjourney #betawards @tylerperry #repost
- The Exonerated Central Park Five receive a standing ovation: The Exonerated Five, formerly known as the Central Park Five, were in attendance. Raymond Santana Jr., Yusef Salaam, Antron McCray, Korey Wise, and Kevin Richardson, who were wrongly convicted of raping a jogger in NYC when they were teenagers helped introduce singer H.E.R.
- #DontMuteDC- Regina Hall and Taraiji P Henson represented DC very well by being beside members of two legendary D.C. go-go groups: James Funk of Rare Essence and Gregory “Sugar Bear” Elliott of Experience Unlimited. They all came together for an electrifying rendition of E.U.’s Grammy-nominated 1988 hit “Da Butt” (while also sampling Rare Essence’s “Do You Know What Time It Is?” and Chuck Brown’s “Run Joe”). This was in celebration for the reference to a recent local dispute in which an electronics store, long known for playing go-go music outside, had to remove its speakers after a complaint from a resident in a luxury apartment nearby.