Konshens The MC (pronounced “Conscience”)
Tarik ‘Konshens The MC’ Davis is a hip-hop artist, songwriter, educator and youth advocate from Washington D.C. He is currently the Advisor on the Grammy Chapter Board, Voting Member of the Grammy Recording Academy and Grammy Museum Teaching Artist. In addition, he is the MC of ‘Classically Dope,’ which merges hip-hop lyrics with classical arrangements. He performed at the John F. Kennedy Center for Performing Arts and has been featured on Fox, ABC and CBS networks, in February 2017’s edition of Washingtonian Magazine and more. As an artist and innovator, Konshens stands at the forefront of the evolution of hip-hop.
Constructing his own (7-piece) band, ‘STATE of MIND.’ His newest musical collaboration ‘Classically Dope’ is compiled of members of ‘State of Mind’ and University of Maryland’s classical ensemble known as ‘The Daraja Ensemble’. Awards and Accolades include:
- Advisor for the GRAMMY Recording Academy, Washington DC Chapter
- Co-Chairman of the GRAMMY Recording Academy Hip-Hop Committee (DC, MD & VA region)
- Featured Artist on GRAMMYPro.com for Songwriters Week
- Voting member of the GRAMMY Recording Academy
- Top 5-artist song downloads (over 28k) for independent music campaign with Myxer
- The only nominee from the DC region for the 10th Annual Independent Music Awards
ARTS & EDUCATION
- Featured artist/performer at the John F. Kennedy Center for Performing Arts
- Teaching Artist, GRAMMY Museum and Global Wildlife Conservation
- S & R Foundation/Halcyon Artist Fellow
- Featured guest speaker at the Department of Education on “Arts Education and Special-Needs Children”
- Certified trainee with Theatre of the Oppressed, NYC
- First hip-hop artist to perform at Grand Canyon National Park
- Appreciation award recipient from the City Council of Baltimore for bringing awareness to youth on the importance of being a registered voter and voting
- Nominee, Mayors Arts Award for Outstanding Emerging Artist
- Nominee at the DMV Music Awards for 3 years
- Ranking as one of the top 3 artists in “Coors Light Search for the Coldest MC” Competition for the DC/Baltimore Region.
- Named “Entertainer of the Year” by Velocity Magazine (for the DC, MD, VA region)
TELEVISION & FILM
- Featured artist/performer on Fox, ABC & CBS networks
- Featured independent artist in underground music campaign with GEICO
- Voice-over actor with Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Insurance Co.
- Song placement on Converse project “Get Out of The Garage” distributed at Journey’s shoe/clothing store across the U.S.
- Placement in the motion picture film “Compliance,” featured at Sundance Film Festival
- Song placements with ESPN, Pizza Hut, wix.com & YouTube Promotions
Konshen’s views life as a constant evolution and is a firm believer in the famous quote by Frederick Douglass that “without struggle, there is no progress.”
Facebook: Konshens TheMc
Post by Brian D @mrbrianlamont